The in-house FUSE team is a talented group of professionals who are dedicated to creating inspiring and engaging designs. Here is a little more about each of the team members:
Michael Sczesny, principal
Mike is one of the Principal Architects at FUSE Architecture + Design. He has been in the industry since 1990, as both an Architectural Technologist and Architect. In 2010 he formed Catapult Design Studio and brought his skills and talents together with Dean to create FUSE Architecture + Design.
In 2004, Mike was the recipient of Masonry Construction Magazine Awards Project of the Year for the repair and restoration of the Selkirk Hotel in Edmonton.
Mike is a member of the Alberta Association of Architects and Licensed Interior Designers (AAA) and the Royal Architecture Institute of Canada (RAIC). He also sits on the board of the Consulting Architects of Alberta (CAA)
Get to Know Mike
- What do you wish you had created?
- What is your morning routine?
I hang out and have breakfast with Petie, my son.
- What inspires you?
Bicycles. They’re simple and efficient.
- Who is your favourite architect or designer?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Where are you most productive?
Riding my bike.
- Which philosopher gives you pause for thought?
- Describe the evolution of your work:
From simple and efficient to dynamic and thoughtful.
- What is your favourite food?
- What is your favourite pieces of art?
Bridget Riley Hesitate, 1964.
- What design are you most proud of?
The Selkirk Hotel in Fort Edmonton.
- What are you reading?
Design with Nature – Ian McHarg
- Who is your favourite fictional character?
Han Solo. I’m a Star Wars Geek.
- What is your motto?
Stop watching and start doing.
- If your life was a film, what would it be called?
The Amazing Dream
Jeannine Freeman- technologist
Jeannine brings home-building experience to FUSE. She received her diploma and graduated with honors from the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology in Architectural Technology in 2012. She plans on furthering her education in design and architecture in the future.
Get To Know Jeannine:
1.If you could have created one invention, what would it be? What do you wish you had created?
2.What is your morning routine?
Hit snooze 3 times, get up and ready, run out the door with coffee in hand.
3.What inspires you?
Nature & the elements
4. Who is your favourite architect or designer?
Frank Lloyd Wright and Senosiain Arquitectos
5. Which philosopher gives you pause for thought?
6. Describe the evolution of your work.
I find inspiration in things I never thought I would, and gives me an epiphany for a design concept.
7. What is your favourite food?
Tacos, fajitas, anything wrapped in a tortilla.
8. What are you reading?
Slash, the biography of the lead guitarist of Guns n’ Roses.
9. What is one piece of art everyone should know of?
The Scream by Edvard Munch
10. Who is your favourite fictional character?
11. What is something that most people do not know about you?
I love sports and fishing.
12. If you could be anything for a day, what would you be?
13. What is your motto?
The greatest blessing comes to the one who freely gives and expects nothing in return.
Olive, Director of Greetings
Olive is the official Director of Greetings (aka, D.O.G.). She was adopted from SCARS (Second Chance Animal Rescue) when she was 6 weeks old. She loves hanging out at Fuse because it allows her inner guard dog to shine. Don’t be mistaken by the word guard dog, she loves greeting everybody that comes into the office, especially the postal worker because he often comes with some tasty treats. When Olive isn’t working at the office, she enjoys hanging out with her family, chasing every rabbit that crosses her path, cooling off in puddles as well and basking in the sun. She is also a very talented Frisbee catcher and has quite a few tricks under her belt.